You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Hi I keep getting this. Is this legit? CLOUD ACCOUNT CLOSED: Re⁤؜new immedi͏ate͏l͏y or a͏ll phot‍os and file͏s will b͏e d⁤e‍lete‍d⁠ w⁡it‍hin *16* ⁡hou⁠rs⁠

CLOUD ACCOUNT CLOSED: Re⁤؜new immedi͏ate͏l͏y or a͏ll phot‍os and file͏s will b͏e d⁤e‍lete‍d⁠ w⁡it‍hin *16* ⁡hou⁠rs⁠ 

is this real?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 10:14 AM

No, it is a scam. Could you tell us by what means you are seeing this? A browser page? An email? A notification?

19 replies

Apr 4, 2024 10:36 AM in response to KimFYoder

The gobbledygook URL alone should tell you it's a scam.

Block any further messages or emails from that address.

Just for fun, I went to that address from my Mac. The first thing it does is throw out text saying it's scanning your Windows computer for viruses. Then it pretends to run a scan (which is impossible through a browser), and of course, claims to have found all kinds of malware. Oh dear!

Aug 6, 2024 2:18 PM in response to stedman1

I am also getting the same message almost everyday for the last month. text messages from different phone numbers. The text states CLOUDACCOUNT DISABLED: Your ignored ALL warnings. Full data removal is imminent. Fill this form to avoid removal. Click this link...which I have never done. Frustrating that I keep getting these messages.

Aug 9, 2024 2:43 PM in response to cherfox7

cherfox7 wrote:

I keep getting these messages saying that my Cloud acct is going to be disabled. Is this a scam?

I’m surprised you actually read those (fake) text messages. 🤪

I get the same scam texts all the time and they all go straight to the trash ⇢ 🗑️, then I empty that trash can A.S.A.P. ⇠🙂‍↔️

The best part?

I never read them! 😁

This short video explains it best:⇣

Good luck! 👋🏼😉

Hi I keep getting this. Is this legit? CLOUD ACCOUNT CLOSED: Re⁤؜new immedi͏ate͏l͏y or a͏ll phot‍os and file͏s will b͏e d⁤e‍lete‍d⁠ w⁡it‍hin *16* ⁡hou⁠rs⁠

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.