You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Vision Pro create cognitive dissonance or affect user experience?

How does Apple Vision Pro handle large visual environments when the user is in a confined space?

Does this dynamic create cognitive dissonance or affect user experience?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 3:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 7:34 AM

Unsure what you really want to know.... seems like a pretty general question.

If you are in a completely immersive environment (i.e. can't see "reality"), you may hit "real" objects since you can't see them. and be somewhat surprising when it happens. However, the AVP usually gives you a warning if you are too close to objects. You have to be careful. I seldom use complete immersion and find "augmented" reality more useful.

When I am using on a plane (e.g. watch movies), I avoid immersion so I can see others around me. The "movie screen" may obscure the people in front of me, but I can react to others around me. I don't think it would be a good idea to go "full immersion" in a case like this.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2024 7:34 AM in response to myron109

Unsure what you really want to know.... seems like a pretty general question.

If you are in a completely immersive environment (i.e. can't see "reality"), you may hit "real" objects since you can't see them. and be somewhat surprising when it happens. However, the AVP usually gives you a warning if you are too close to objects. You have to be careful. I seldom use complete immersion and find "augmented" reality more useful.

When I am using on a plane (e.g. watch movies), I avoid immersion so I can see others around me. The "movie screen" may obscure the people in front of me, but I can react to others around me. I don't think it would be a good idea to go "full immersion" in a case like this.

Does Apple Vision Pro create cognitive dissonance or affect user experience?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.