You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone + Music issue - need to sync twice to add music

I'm using Music 1.4.4.48, Sonoma 14.4.1, iOS 17.4.1 Iphone 15 Pro

When I sync my phone using Music app, it NEVER actually adds/removes/changes any music the first time. I have to re-sync immediately after the first time to get it to work.

I've had this issue for well over a year, and it's not getting fixed with new releases.

This is ridiculous - has anyone else had this problem?

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 6:37 PM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2024 4:50 AM in response to johnn11111

I have had the same issue for quite some time - I wish I had an answer. Generally, syncing my music library with the phone is so much more difficult than it has any right to be, seeing as it is the one core feature that was the impetus for the first iPods that gave way to the iPhone. My iPad Pro syncs right up, but my iPhone has to be synced twice every single time, if it works at all. For months it would hang indefinitely on "Preparing to sync" and I would have top put it in airplane mode or perform some other voodooo to get it to sync. That problem went away only to be replaced by this issue. Also, randomly some things just won't sync or re-sync (if I change any artwork or song info usually). The sync will also fail if too many songs are being added... but in the world of streaming services this only effects the few of us who are music enthusiasts that don't rely solely on Spotify or Apple Music. TBH, I think there must be something either corrupt in my iPhone database file system or I have a bad memory byte or bit somewhere... but I have updated and started from scratch, only to get to the same place after countless hours of wasted time.

Iphone + Music issue - need to sync twice to add music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.