You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 14 PRO camera issues (stop working macro and zooming) just after the warranty date

I believe there is a manufacturing defect with the cameras on my iPhone 14 Pro, as both cameras stopped working on the same day that the Apple warranty expired. I am disappointed that such a high-end device would malfunction so quickly, and I urge Apple to address this issue and provide a resolution.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 12:24 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 18, 2024 7:37 PM in response to igorvicentini

The manufacturer warranty is a defined and clear time that something is promised to work without manufacturing defect. Once that period ends you are not promised it will continue to work. So if it fails after that time….even just one day later…you would be responsible for any cost to repair. This is why extended warranties or plans like AppleCare+ are such big business….the hope for the brand is that you don’t have to use it and they still made money from it but the peace of mind for the customer is that if something happens they won’t be responsible for the high price of repairs.

Your options are:

1. pay for a repair (could be $219 or more based on the estimate and if this is the rear camera or $649 for out of warranty replacement iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support. Of course, the price may be different depending on your country also ).
  2. Get a new device
  3. Check into possible 3rd party independent repair options

IPHONE 14 PRO camera issues (stop working macro and zooming) just after the warranty date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.