You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Siri calling numbers that are not in my contacts

When i summon Siri to call a number she calls number that from the internet instead of my contact list. I can not find anyone with this problem, please help

Posted on May 5, 2024 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 6:59 AM

my phone is doing the same thing thing … when I say “call arlo” (my son) it calls some Arlo Spa that is not in my contacts … this is an apple bug. Hope they fix it soon. Siri is worthless to me now

13 replies

May 29, 2024 10:40 AM in response to Gino967

Same with my phone for the last month or so.

I will say "call Pam McDonald", and Siri calls a phone number that belongs to an actual person named Pam McDonald, but not the Pam McDonald in my Contacts. If I add the term "mobile" or whatever phone tag the contact is associated with, it grabs from my Contacts.

This is the same for all of my contacts. Siri tries to pull from the internet first, unless I add what type of phone my contact is tagged with.

Aug 12, 2024 7:43 AM in response to Gino967

I have been having the same issue for over a year now. I go to AT&T and they send me to Apple. I go there, and they send me back to AT&T. No one can solve this problem....so I'm afraid that I'm looking at new phones to buy......I'm sort of getting "done" with my iphone. And with having no help from either of the folks that have caused this.

Oct 3, 2024 1:14 PM in response to Gino967

Hello I had the same issue after restoring my backup to a newer iPhone and I fixed it by turning off the contacts from iCloud “you must have your contacts backed up to iCloud obviously”. It asked me to delete or keep on iPhone. I said delete them. I then reenabled the contacts and after they downloaded again and the list is complete. The issue was resolved.

Siri calling numbers that are not in my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.