You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot complete download of macOS Ventura 13.6.7 ?

I've tried 4 times to update my system to latest Ventura update (13.6.7) but each time, once almost dome on the ''preparing...'' I get the message ''Failed to prepare the software update'' and the same stupid suggestion to check my internet connection, which is absolutely not at fault.

Any idea ?

I currently run this mac mini 2018 on 13.6.4

Mac mini, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 28, 2024 4:31 PM

8 replies

May 28, 2024 5:00 PM in response to lanstrad1

Try this:

Ventura 13.6.7 - Downloading the Installer You should have 35GB to 40GB of free storage. Apple menu bar icon (upper left corner) -> About This Mac -> More Info... -> Storage 12+GB for the InstallAssistant.pkg. 12+GB for the “Install macOS Ventura” app. And the rest is used during the install, as existing operating system components are replaced with new components. You will get most of the storage back after the upgrade completes. Using any web browser, download the following URL (it is 12+GB): https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/46/31/052-96247-A_MLN9N00Y8W/dmml3up52hrsb01krjtczmdhexiruv1b5m/InstallAssistant.pkg The above URL will download InstallAssistant.pkg to your Downloads folder. Double-Click on the InstallAssistant.pkg file. This will place a copy of the app “Install macOS Ventura” in the Applications folder. NOTE: Before starting the installation, it is wise to backup any important files before applying a major operating system upgrade. Finder -> Go (menu) -> Applications -> Install macOS Ventura Double-Click on “Install macOS Ventura” This should start the Ventura installation. After the installation is complete, check the System Settings -> General -> Software Update and make sure there are no incremental updates available (hopefully not, but check to make sure). The Applications -> "Install macOS Ventura" will delete itself after the install. Then you can delete the Downloads -> InstallAssistant.pkg to recover that 12+GB of storage.

Jun 14, 2024 4:49 AM in response to Matti Haveri

Well message was rather “cannot prepair macOS” (not personalize….)

and my mac is intel-based (2018).

Indeed, aople store diagnostic revealed there has been an install of a “beta firmware” which i have absolutely no idea how this could have happened. They kept the mac overnight and were able to install (on my freshly formatted drive) - i guess by removing that beta

Cannot complete download of macOS Ventura 13.6.7 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.