You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MDM Profile Remove

My school has provided iPads for all the pupils, but there is a lot of restrictions that my council has put on my iPad I.E. no facetime, restricted mode turned on on YouTube, etc. I really need some help because I hate having restrictions (and so do all the other pupils), and we want to get rid of it, but we’re not allowed to. Please send advice ASAP and let me knoew what to do!

iPad

Posted on May 29, 2024 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2024 8:47 AM

The school provides the iPad and can dictate what it is used for without you being able to bypass the restrictions they have put in place. That is the purpose of the MDM profile and why you cannot remove it.

7 replies

May 29, 2024 8:52 AM in response to ChloboC

ChloboC wrote:

One other question? Since you do work for the school

Based on the wording of the post, I think the original poster is one of the pupils, not staff.

and you and the pupils are having problems with restrictions, that are making it hard for education purposes,

There is no indication that any of the restrictions interfere with the educational functions of the iPad. It sounds rather, that the OP wants to FaceTime their friends and watch YouTube videos that don't have educational value.

It's not uncommon for students/children to come here and ask for ways to get around school or parental restrictions.

May 29, 2024 8:13 AM in response to dellxevaa

Your iPad still being supervised indicates that a management profile is present - and that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are supervised/configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

May 29, 2024 8:44 AM in response to dellxevaa

Very strange that it just happened… I have been under a fraudulent business manager account, and my husband at 64 years old under ASM. All of a sudden, the school management program popped up on my screen, but I immediately called Apple who assisted very nicely. It is a hard situation as it does need to be removed from the server that was generated from, whether it is indeed a real school or not. I would definitely reach out to the school and see what they can do for you been working on this for two years and it has just been a nightmare as these are hackers that affected me so far, so I’ll cross my fingers for you, but I would definitely try to reach out to the management source to have corrected.

May 29, 2024 8:47 AM in response to dellxevaa

One other question? Since you do work for the school and you and the pupils are having problems with restrictions, that are making it hard for education purposes, they should have the ability to change some of of the restrictions; however, keep the MDM profiles enabled so that they’re not able to go against the schools procedures. Just a thought.

Jun 2, 2024 4:44 AM in response to ChloboC

I don’t know if that came out right… My husband is 64 and has been fraudulently enrolled at ASM, as an end, user or other words of student. I, myself have enrolled in under business manager, I have cancer and haven’t worked in three years. We are both retired; however, due to an angry ex friend we’ve lost our entire lives. Apple has been wonderful and trying to assist us, as there are over 6000 or 10,000 people in the situation. And organization which business owner creates her own simply uses auto enrollment with your phone number and access so that’s created by the company or the institution for education and enroll you under their management. It’s not apples fault, it’s simply people that are using the system of the United States education system, or pretending to be someone’s boss, while listening to the conversations changing their contacts canceling their cancer appointments across the state. We just hope to find a resolution that fits within Apple’s policy as they could be receiving a call from anybody and they do understand that as a paralegal for years .

MDM Profile Remove

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.