You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod Mini Will Give Not iPhone the Setup Screen After Reset, Just 3 Beeps

I was having issues with my Homepod Mini so I did a hard reset. After doing the reset, I plug the unit back in and see the white light circling for about 2 seconds. I have no Homepod listed in the Home App so I am expecting the setup screen to pop up when I get my iPhone 14 (IOS 17.5.1) within a couple of inches of the Mini but nothing ever happens. I have tried clicking Add Accessory but it does not show up there either. After 40 seconds, I hear 3 beeps from the Homepod Mini and seems to reboot and restart the process. It repeats this process 2 more times before I says that my Homepod is about to reset and to keep pressing the top until I hear 3 beeps. I hear the 3 beeps as soon as the voice prompt ends. It is then back to the never ending loop of the white circle for 2 seconds, 40 seconds of nothing, 3 beeps and repeat.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

HomePod mini

Posted on Jun 5, 2024 4:42 PM

3 replies

Jun 5, 2024 4:59 PM in response to Gator1130

Hi there,

The following support article can help you reset your HomePod mini: Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

First, try the steps under "Reset HomePod or HomePod mini to factory settings" where it says "If a white spinning light does not appear on the top of HomePod". If that doesn't work, follow the steps under "Restore HomePod mini with a Mac or PC".

I hope this helps!

Homepod Mini Will Give Not iPhone the Setup Screen After Reset, Just 3 Beeps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.