You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing apple home ownership

Ex husband (amicable separation) set up apple home in our house and I am listed a resident (admin) he is resident (owner) how do we change this to me and remove him as he is moving out?

HomePod mini

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 2:36 PM

2 replies

Jun 8, 2024 10:00 PM in response to Erin_11_

If he is currently the Primary account holder he is signed in with his Apple ID and needs to go into the Home App on his device and “Remove Home”. When he removes a home from the Home app, all HomeKit devices must be added back to a new home. This will now be your Home you need to set up yourself in the home App on your device signed into iCloud with your Apple ID and add each accessory. See: Securely control your Home accessories - Apple Support I’m not so sure about it saying you need to reset each one to factory settings. Presumably they are already to your liking but you still need to add each one to your home and you still may need to recreate how it was. Possibly it’s best with any security devices like locks and cameras you should factory reset them but with bulbs I might not bother.

There just isn’t any clear documentation on transferring an invited user to become the primary.

Changing apple home ownership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.