You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover an email that disappeared completely when i didnt even use the whole key combination?

I have a wireless keyboard on my mac studio that is apple compatible, has the right buttons and all that. The delete button also doubles as the screenshot capture button (terrible design in retrospect, given what happened).

I was trying to remember which key to push in combination with the screenshot/delete key, and i know that cmd+opt+del deletes a file "permanently", so i was careful NOT to push all 3 at the same time. what i did was, now that i look down, push a key that says ctrl, but also has alt/option underneath a lone. so im guessing this is a shortcut key to avoid having to do the grueling task of of pushing 3 buttons at once, this keyboard is a freaking minefield of OOPS!

So what i did was permanently delete an email from my mac, inside the native mail app, though it was an outlook mailbox.

Can i recover this email? It is kind of important right now, because i believe someone is attempting to scam me, but i dont want to make that assumption without better evidence, and if they are in fact legit, i do not wish to insult them and lose the work. the mail is not in my trash folder, not in the trash folder in outlook Proper's trash box, and i don't know where to begin to get this back. it jsut happened in the last 30 minutes,

Help?

Thanks in advance

[Edited by Moderator]

Mac Studio, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 7:12 PM

2 replies

how to recover an email that disappeared completely when i didnt even use the whole key combination?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.