You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change language in “Books”

I’m learning English and now I’m reading a book in English using “Books” app. When I choose the unknown word and select “Translate” then almost every time the app sees that word in OTHER language, for example “a ribbon” in Swedish, “a hue” in Danish. I can change a language only for the one word I’ve chosen. Is it possible to explain the “”Books” app that “Three men in a Boat” is fully written in English?

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 1:18 AM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2024 7:33 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I translate to Russian. But the problem is that “Books” app doesn’t understand that text is in English and translates one word from Danish to Russian, next word from Hungarian to Russian, next one from Vietnamese to Russian (for example, “quay” it translates from Vietnamese to Russian as “to spin”, not as “a berth” like it should be from English to Russian). I can change language, but only for the only word I’ve chosen, sometimes it’s like ten words per page and this is really annoying.

Change language in “Books”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.