You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a time delay between automations in homekit

Hi,

i want to create 2 automations in the homekit devices with a delay of few minutes between them. I did not find any options for that.

the first automation is close shutters and after 2 minutes there is a second automation to open 5% up the same shutters after 2 minutes from the first automation.

i want to create either 1 automation to make this procedure with a delay between the close and the open. Or to make 2 automations one to close and the other to open and create an automation that initiate the first automation and after 2 minutes initiate the 2nd automation. Will appreciate your recommendations. Tnx

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 11:06 PM

3 replies

Jun 19, 2024 11:13 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks for the info.

for the 5% in 1 automation it will not help because it s a Venetian blind and the blinds go down with open shades and stop at the bottom while shade are in a position of 90 Deg so they are open.

so after that i need to open them in 5% so they will start go up and then first they will close and then go up.

So i must have a 2 automation process that will make it.

Reg the shortcuts i opened the shortcuts but there is no automation that i can create for a device (e.g. shutter of the the homekit.)

IT is either something i dont understand how to do it or there is no option for the shortcut to run the automation that was build in the homekit.

Am i missing something here?

thanks for your support

Jun 21, 2024 6:40 PM in response to Stottland

I’m sorry but I’m really not that knowledgeable with Shortcuts. I only used them to make widgets for my Hue Lights so I can just tap on my iPad screen widget to activate or “run” shortcut. They weren’t easy to figure out. You might find better answers on Reddit or at least can read some posts to get the hang of how they work. https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/

Create a time delay between automations in homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.