You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPod connecting but not syncing with my iTunes library on Windows 10?

I lost my iPod and have bought a ‘new’ one on eBay but it doesn’t want to communicate with iTunes. My laptop is still w10. The iPod connects but doesn’t sync with my library.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 2:28 AM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2024 1:34 PM in response to philkaa

Have you set Sync options for this specific iPod? Each iPod is individual.

• Tap on the iPod icon that appears at the top of your iTunes window:

• That will display the Device/Settings/Summary pane. Switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.) and then using the screenshot below as your guide:

• tick the box (check the box) named Sync Music (2.)
  • for the next step:
    • if you choose Entire music library (3.), all the eligible music in your Library is added to the iPod. Sections numbered 4. will not be shown
    • if you select Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres (3.), sections numbered 4. will be displayed and you use those sections to choose the items that you want to add to the device
    • once you have made your choices, tap the Apply (or Sync) button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in the screenshots)
    • once the Sync has completed, eject the iPod. Your choices are saved for future synchronisation with that iPod

Why is my iPod connecting but not syncing with my iTunes library on Windows 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.