You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When adding Outlook email, Outlook.com does not appear in list of Providers

Microsoft is changing access from 16 Sept 24, with Outlook email account using 3rd Party Apps, but Apple Mail should be fine if the account is set up using the Outlook provider option, which doesn't appear on my selection. I've seen screen shots in other chats that show it in the list, so why am I not seeing it. My macbook is new, just 1 week old, so running latest iOS. Any ideas?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 1:18 AM

Thanks, but both Apple and Microsoft say to use the Outlook option and not the Exchange option. This the view from my iPhone and Macbook, both running the latest software. The iPhone has the option, but my Macbook doesn't have the option.

4 replies

Jun 29, 2024 8:19 AM in response to AlWeir

Caveat: Using the Exchange provider with a free Microsoft account (@msn.com in my case) worked but may require the Microsoft Authenticator app to already be installed on one of your devices for this option to work.

I use that app for other accounts on my iPhone so I successfully logged-in with multi-factor authentication (Modern Authentication Method in Microsoft speak). It did re-download my deleted messages that were removed when the original account was deleted as instructions require. YMMV...

When adding Outlook email, Outlook.com does not appear in list of Providers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.