You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my Mac Studio display turn on but has power?

I’m trying to use my monitor the power button turns green when u touch it but nothing is happening on the screen how do I get my monitor to work

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Studio Display

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 10:41 AM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2024 12:49 AM in response to NeedHelpwithTheMacs

Apple released one display in 2001 – the Apple Studio Display (17-inch LCD), model M7649.

It has a resolution of 1280x1024 pixels and uses an ADC connection. If we're dealing with any of the old ADC monitors, there would be the issue of converting ADC to something a modern Mac can use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Display_Connector

Jun 30, 2024 11:13 AM in response to Servant of Cats

that one is typically used with the Apple DVI to ADC adapter, which provides power and runs that ADC display into a DVI display that looks rather like a snake that just had lunch (big bulge in the middle of the cable).

What Mac or other video source are you connecting to, and are you using additional cables or ONLY the captive cables of the adapter?

Why won't my Mac Studio display turn on but has power?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.