You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

books sync from mac sonoma to iphone iOS17

I am trying to sync books from my iMac M1 (MacOS Sonoma 14.5) to my iPhone XR (iOS 17.5.1).

When I open the iPhone window the Locations in finder sidebar, the buttons just below the iPhone name show General, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Photos, Files, Info... But NOT Books (see attached screenshot).

Yes, I read many messages related to this issue, and in some of them screenshots show the button bar and Books is there. Yes, I checked in iCloud both on the Mac and on the iPhone, and Books is checked and enabled. Yes I rebooted both devices. Yes I deleted the Books app from iPhone and redownloaded it. No way. Books are not syncing, Books doesn't show in the button bar and, even more, when I login in iCloud through the web, the Books app does not show up, and if I try to personalize, the Books app does not show up.

Has book synchronization through iCloud been removed from Sonoma? Don't know what else to do...

Has anybody solved the problem? Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 7:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2024 2:59 PM in response to donazipe

Books does not appear at iCloud.com. But they should be syncing through iCloud. On all devices turn off iCloud for Books (Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Drive ... ) and turn back on. Your first screenshot is also missing Podcasts and Audiobooks. See if starting up in Safe Mode helps: Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (AU) Then start up in normal mode. If not, reach out to Apple Support.

books sync from mac sonoma to iphone iOS17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.