You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to cast to my room's TV when there is multiple TVs with same model?

I'm having trouble connecting to the TV on the same room due to another TV was online. The iPhone is connecting to a TV that is not mine. How to connect and cast?

A TV on another room shown the code, but I need the code on the TV in my room. What to do? They are all LG TVs, all same model and name as this TV.

Can I rename the TV so they won't jam?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 7:57 AM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2024 2:20 PM in response to _thangcao

The name is provided by the TV itself. So only on the TV would the change be possible.

For instance, my Samsung TV has an option in its settings to set the "Display Name", and that's what the AirPlay menu sees.

AirPlay does not itself generate the names it obtains them from what the TV sends to it or makes public over the network.

You need to go into the TV Settings, and find the display name for it, so yo can give it an identifiable name that is then displayed in the AirPlay or cast menu on your other devices.

How to cast to my room's TV when there is multiple TVs with same model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.