You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Put Display to Sleep" Hot Corner works for a moment then screen turns back on...

I have an M1 Mac Studio connected to a Studio Display and I have assigned all four corners to "Put Display to Sleep". When I move the mouse to any of the corners the screen will sleep but then IMMEDIATELY comes back on. I find I have to do this 3,4,5,6 times before the screen will stay asleep. This happens using a Magic Mouse BUT oddly using a run of the mill Logitech mouse the problem is gone...it's never happened once. I also have an M3 24" iMac with Magic Mouse and this issue has never happened. I know it's a trivial thing but this has been going on for years across different versions of MacOS and it is so irritating. I also had dual Pro Display XDR monitors a one point on this Mac Studio and it was the same situation. It's like the Magic Mouse keep sending info after it has stopped moving and causes the screen to turn back on or something.

Posted on Jul 15, 2024 11:59 AM

4 replies

Jul 17, 2024 8:51 AM in response to den.thed

I thought so too but if it were the way I used the mouse that would also be the same when i use my M3 iMac and Magic Mouse. But I tried your suggestion and it still does it. Now I am thinking it's this specific magic mouse. I am gonna swap with my iMac mouse and see if that changes at all. I know this is trivial but it's a function I use constantly when I walk away from my computer.

"Put Display to Sleep" Hot Corner works for a moment then screen turns back on...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.