You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2023 M2 Mx Studio won't turn on

I've been using the M2 max Studio for about a year with no issues, then last week it wouldn't turn on the white light blinked on the front but nothing. I unplugged the power cable from the M2 and changed the plug socket on a surge protector to another input on that same board. It powered up. I now seem to get this issue every other day. I go to turn on the M2 in the morning and it won't , I move it to another socket and it powers up. Any advice would be super useful. Feels like its just going to get worse and Im running out of alternative 13 amp plug sockets to power it from. Thanks

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Jul 18, 2024 6:28 AM

4 replies

Jul 18, 2024 9:00 AM in response to TimH1965

Check to make sure that all of the connections are tight, including where the Surge Protector plugs into the wall outlet. As a test, replace or bypass the Surge Protector.

see > If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

As Grant mentioned, the front indicator light can also give some important clues.

see > Mac computer status indicator light behavior - Apple Support

2023 M2 Mx Studio won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.