You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books disappeared after importing an ePub document into the Books app on my iPhone 7 Plus

I have an iPhone 7+ on iOS 15.8.2. I was importing an epub and clicked on the “Importing 1 of 1” bit in iBooks which then shows an area of things Uploaded to iCloud. Next thing I know when I am back on the library screen, all my books are gone except super old ones synced from my other iPhone and only the book I had just imported at that time.

Luckily, I backed up my phone to my PC yesterday but when I tried to restore, it claims not enough storage to restore which I don’t fully get as I haven’t wasted that much extra storage in 24 hours.

Is there a way to get back the books without restoring the backup or must I have accidentally deleted them?

UPDATE: Any new book I now download and import to iBooks also disappears after successfully importing. And if I open it, iBooks clearly remembers what page I used to be on before this book somehow disappeared.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 18, 2024 12:16 PM

There are no replies.

Books disappeared after importing an ePub document into the Books app on my iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.