You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I go to play downloaded songs on my iPod, I get a "file cannot be located"

I puchased songs on iTunes, and they supposedly downloaded (given the invoice I just received). 9 songs return a "file cannot be located. Would you like to find it?"

When I click yes, it takes me to the last folder in apple music that I visited and I cannot go anywhere else.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 22, 2024 5:35 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2024 2:46 AM in response to shadowfax54

The file cannot be located message appears because the files for those songs are no longer where they were when you added them to your iTunes Library. The message also suggests that the files were downloaded and that's why they are listed in your iTunes Library, but something has happened to those files since then.

So the question is did you move, rename or delete the file for the songs after adding them to your library, or rename the path to the files? If so, undo those changes.

Ignore the fact that iTunes takes you to a miscellaneous folder; look for them manually buy using the file manager on your computer. If you find them, make a note of where they are located and then go back into your iTunes Library and this time, navigate to that folder.

when I go to play downloaded songs on my iPod, I get a "file cannot be located"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.