You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ACCESS TO IPOD 4TH GENERATION WITHOUT ERASING DATA

Good afternoon,

I have an old Ipod that was gifted to me over 10 years ago but i forgot my password to it unfortunately. I believe to have the entire serial number if needed but i do not want to erase the memories from this Ipod because its so wholesome to me. Please help!!!!!!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 23, 2024 1:30 PM

3 replies

Jul 23, 2024 2:23 PM in response to tyon33

tyon33 wrote:

Good afternoon,
I have an old Ipod that was gifted to me over 10 years ago but i forgot my password to it unfortunately. I believe to have the entire serial number if needed but i do not want to erase the memories from this Ipod because its so wholesome to me. Please help!!!!!!!!

If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

If you see a iPhone, iPad, or Apple Vision Pro unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Jul 23, 2024 2:41 PM in response to tyon33

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but without the passcode, the data on it is already gone and unrecoverable.

The passcode is used to encrypt the data on the iPad, without it, there is no way to decrypt and access it.

If you ever made a backup to a computer or iCloud you may be able to get your data back from there.

And no, you cannot make a backup now if you cannot access the iPod.

ACCESS TO IPOD 4TH GENERATION WITHOUT ERASING DATA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.