You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant download stock apps (iPod Touch 7th Gen)

My mom recently got a new iPod Touch after her old one died. After setting up the device initially we noticed that it wasn't installing the stock apps that come on a new device (Apple Music, Calculator, News, Weather, Home, iTunes Store, Etc) It just kept saying "Unable to install (App Name) please try again later"

However I noticed that it can install other apps with no issue, things like Spotify, YouTube, Google Chrome, Etc.

2 Hours later and I've tried every fix i can find and think of,

Things I've tried:

Factory Resetting the Device

Signing in and out of the app store

Signing in and out of Apple ID

Adding a new payment method

Prioritizing app downloads

Resetting network settings

Resetting device settings

Deleting apps in question from device and attempting to reinstall

Making sure the IOS is the latest version (15.8.2) (Latest version for the iPod Touch)

Checking if the app supports the current IOS version (It Does)

Making sure app downloads is allowed in Content and Privacy restrictions

Setting the time zone to automatic (tried with automatic and manual)

Turning on (and off) location services. (Attempted downloads on both)

Turning on Airplane mode for 5+ minutes and turning it off

Turning on and off Bluetooth

I'm at a loss, I genuinely have no idea why it wont download any of the stock apps, the fact it can download other apps no problem just bewilders me more.

I know Apple doesn't support iPod Touches anymore but I was hoping someone might have some insight or ideas as to why this might be happening. (And hopefully how to potentially fix it)

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 27, 2024 5:48 PM

1 reply

Cant download stock apps (iPod Touch 7th Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.