You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording videos in 4k directly into my Mac

I have a Fuji camera that outputs 4 K via USB C directly to my Mac. Unfortunately, my Mac Mini M1 cannot directly handle the input (it freezes), whereas my MacBook M1 Pro can record successfully.

I want to get a new Mac (Studio or new Mac Mini) that allows me to record a 4k video directly to the Mac.

What is the spec of the machine that will be able to that comfortably? Does it relate to RAM, GPU etc? The main issue is being able to handle the recording and not so much rendering or dealing with the video afterwards. I don't do a huge amount of editing after the fact.

Thanks

Camera - Fuji XS-20, MacMini M1 2020, MacBook M1 Pro 2021

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 30, 2024 1:05 AM

7 replies

Aug 1, 2024 9:09 AM in response to Nigelll

Oh yes, there are power only cables...

Uninstall CleanMyMac per their directions , then run etrecheck again to see what chaff it left...

On CMM…

iMac scrolling impossible with Monterey - Apple Community

mystery startup items - Apple Community

iMac running slow, several apps unrespons… - Apple Community

MBP won't wake from sleep Sierra 10.12.6.… - Apple Community

Boot iMac from external SSD, what happens… - Apple Community

Unable to make any changes to contacts on… - Apple Community

macOS Catalina iMac (Retina 5k) 3.4 Ghz q… - Apple Community

I would test without BackBlaze, DropBox, iCloud Drive or any other remote back SW running.

Free RAM: 62 MB is supposed to not be a big deal, yet 90% of problem reports show less than 200MB free?

Can you test without Safari running?

Jul 31, 2024 10:59 AM in response to Nigelll

No clue there‽

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info. Give it Full Disk Access.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Recording videos in 4k directly into my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.