You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod’s volume isn’t working even though I tried to change the volume. This is a Gen 5 iPod model A1136, when I play a song it doesn’t work but the little moving sound for the wheel works

So basically I found my old iPod in a drawer, I charged it like usual but when I tried to turn the sound on it would go up, I tried playing a song from the songs I had on it and the sound wouldn’t work at all. I put volume at full blast it still wouldn’t work so I’m stuck on what to do.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 31, 2024 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2024 3:31 PM

Try plugging it into a speaker with an AUX cable. If it works the headphones you were using likely were bad or have a bad cable. Otherwise it might be an issue with the headphone jack assembly. Make sure nothing is in the jack after being in a draw for years as these bits can stop the connection

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2024 3:31 PM in response to Vitoburrito

Try plugging it into a speaker with an AUX cable. If it works the headphones you were using likely were bad or have a bad cable. Otherwise it might be an issue with the headphone jack assembly. Make sure nothing is in the jack after being in a draw for years as these bits can stop the connection

iPod’s volume isn’t working even though I tried to change the volume. This is a Gen 5 iPod model A1136, when I play a song it doesn’t work but the little moving sound for the wheel works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.