You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio with Sonoma Double Press of Power Button to Set Up Touch ID Does Not Work

I have a new magic mouse keyboard with touch ID and I can not get it to work. I have a Mac Studio running Sonoma and when I try to get the touch ID set up this window pops up that says double press the power on button. Nothing happens, but if I press too slowly it powers off. The wireless keyboard works just fine as a keyboard. I can not get the touch ID set up. Any suggestions? I set up touch ID just fine on a Macbook laptop, but the studio does not respond to a double press of the power button.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 6:17 AM

3 replies

Mac Studio with Sonoma Double Press of Power Button to Set Up Touch ID Does Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.