You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil with the iPad Air

There is an educational promotion going on right now in Hungary, where if you purchase an iPad Air you get a free Apple Pencil with it.

I ordered the iPad with the Pencil however my card was charged with the price of the Pencil even though according to the invoice I should’ve only been charged with the price of the iPad.

My question is that is it a temporary charge and when it is delivered the money will be sent back or should I get in touch with Apple Support?

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 11:28 PM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2024 7:11 AM in response to Bence_

While the purchase invoice will include the retail cost of the Apple Pencil, the iPad cost will have been reduced by the same amount.

As such, you have not been disadvantaged - as the total invoice cost, that has been charged to your Credit Card, will still be no more that the original cost-price of the iPad prior to the equivalent discount being applied. Effectively, you have both a new iPad and Apple Pencil for the cost of the iPad alone.

Apple invoices in this manner to avoid potential fraud - where a new iPad is subsequently returned for full refund without also returning the Pencil.

Apple Pencil with the iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.