You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did I get three months of apple arcade for free even though I did not purchase a new device?

Hello,

I recently received an email that states that I can redeem 3 months of Apple Arcade for a "new device". I have not purchased a new device and I'm just wondering if there is anything fishy going on about this. I received a phone call that I believe was a scam saying that I purchased a Mac and headphones for $1500. I checked my devices, and it said that no new devices were added, and I have not ordered anything recently on my account. I guess I'm wondering why I was given 3 months of arcade for free when I have not purchased a new device.

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 7, 2024 7:23 PM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2024 8:12 PM in response to Hastur2000

Though Apple still usually provide users with 3 months of Apple Arcade for free with the purchase of certain new devices, there are still phishers to watch out for.

Remember:

• Apple’s official email address always ends in @email.apple.com
  • Apple’s official phone number is 1-800-APL-CARE

Don't answer suspicious phone calls or messages claiming to be from Apple. Instead, contact Apple directly through their official support channels.

For more information: Recognize and avoid social engineering schemes including phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support and stay safe out there.

If you do receive a phishing message or email, report it immediately to reportphishing@apple.com.

Aug 8, 2024 7:28 PM in response to Hastur2000

This happened to me Aug 8

I thought I was being scammed too. I had an automated call yesterday from Amazon regarding an apple product Purchase I did not make …I hung up.

with the email from Apple Arcade today alarmed me and this was what I thought.

It was not on my Amazon at all

Not sure about the email or what device it’s referring to?

Why did I get three months of apple arcade for free even though I did not purchase a new device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.