You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Vision Pro lagging with screen mirroring

I have 2019 MBP 2.4GHz i9 with 64 GB of ram. While connecting to my Vision Pro I find that the lag is becoming unbearable. I know that this has been discussed in previous threads. I have disabled "Low Power Mode" and even reduced the resolution. None of these seem to fix the amount of lag that I experience.

I am thinking that a device like the Vision Pro should not have these issues. So, is it me?

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2024 10:04 PM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2024 3:02 PM in response to Topgunn_Av8or

Can it be a Wi-Fi issue? Wi-Fi antennas will struggle at screen mirroring if it's an older tech than Wi-Fi 6 or if it's too far. Wi-Fi repeaters will definitely worsen the issue.

If you can, I would try while being really close to your Wi-Fi antenna if it's better.

Wi-Fi technology is evolving quickly and people tend to keep their network setup for years. A Wi-Fi 7 Router or AP would make a big difference even if the Apple Vision is limited to use Wi-Fi 6. Wi-Fi 6 (which is fairly recent) is already very much better for screen mirroring than Wi-Fi 5.

Aug 23, 2024 8:31 AM in response to Topgunn_Av8or

I have had this issue as well and spent some time with Support did the same fixes and the lag is still unusable so I am thinking to return the Apple Vision Pro as also I can’t connect often to my iMac as it is just not appearing in the network and then after sometime it does appear the Apple Support suggested to wait for the next update, which is two weeks away

Aug 25, 2024 7:57 PM in response to Topgunn_Av8or

It sounds like you've done all the right things—disabling "Low Power Mode" and reducing the resolution—yet the lag persists. This might be a compatibility issue with your 2019 MBP, or it could be related to software updates, background processes, or connection stability. If the problem continues, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support for further diagnostics.

Vision Pro lagging with screen mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.