You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set a work required preset in Compressor?

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the results I need for a specific desired preset for one of the companies I work for. Their requirements are:

Video

Codec: MPEG4/H.264 

Aspect ratio: 16:9

Resolution: 1280x720

1:1 PAR

Bitrate: 950 kbps

Frame Rate: 29.97 NTSC

Audio

Codec: AAC

Bitrate: 128 kbps

Channels: Stereo

Sample Rate: 48,000 kHz

I created a preset, but after several different settings adjustments, the final file is still PAR 6-1-6. Any chance someone with superior knowledge is willing to be my huckleberry and create a preset for me to download and then plug into Compressor on my end? Thanks in advance for any help.

Or just tell me what I am doing wrong. These are my current settings:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 16, 2024 8:02 AM

6 replies

Aug 16, 2024 11:50 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Sorry, I should have provided more information. I'm converting ProRes files created on a Atomos Ninja V via HDMI from a Sony NX5U. This is what the original file looks like:

I guess I have been incorrectly assuming that the Code Points/Color Profile correlated with PAR???

I created a new mp4 preset profile from scratch:

Anyway, just trying to give the best looking files considering their settings. (950kbps seems especially low.)

How do I set a work required preset in Compressor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.