You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Mac mini reboot almost every night?

iI get a big long report but the first few lines should be enough to post here. Apple support had me reinstall the os but that didn't help. It is up to date with all updates. I leave it on 24/7 and nothing has changed with my attached peripherals. panic(cpu 2 caller 0xfffffe002c4e1bec): "AppleT8112DPTXPort(dptx-phy)::deactivateTimeoutOccurred(0x100000389): deactivate() incomplete 10 seconds after displayRelease()! (check DCPEXT)\n" @AppleT8112DPTXPort.cpp:574

Debugger message: panic

Memory ID: 0x6

OS release type: User

OS version: 23F79

Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 23.5.0: Wed May 1 20:19:05 PDT 2024; root:xnu-10063.121.3~5/RELEASE_ARM64_T8112

Fileset Kernelcache UUID: 35B9B562B7C9F3068879EC77B1D11318

Kernel UUID: FE86F5F9-E780-3E79-9035-57CEA4EF6097

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 16, 2024 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2024 10:10 PM

wdtins Said:

"Why does my Mac mini reboot almost every night?: iI get a big long report but the first few lines should be enough to post here. Apple support had me reinstall the os but that didn't help. It is up to date with all updates. I leave it on 24/7 and nothing has changed with my attached peripherals.[....]"

--------

Single-Out this User:

Create a new Administrator user, and then let it set for the night, seeing if this stops. If so, then it is an issue with your current user. If not, then it is an issue with the entire macOS.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2024 10:10 PM in response to wdtins

wdtins Said:

"Why does my Mac mini reboot almost every night?: iI get a big long report but the first few lines should be enough to post here. Apple support had me reinstall the os but that didn't help. It is up to date with all updates. I leave it on 24/7 and nothing has changed with my attached peripherals.[....]"

--------

Single-Out this User:

Create a new Administrator user, and then let it set for the night, seeing if this stops. If so, then it is an issue with your current user. If not, then it is an issue with the entire macOS.

Aug 16, 2024 11:17 AM in response to wdtins

The latest macOS versions are having issues with the automatic computer sleep settings.

Some crash and force a restart, others just freeze up and are unresponsive.

As a test:

Turn On "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" and only allowing the display to turn off.

Then just leave the Mac On with display Off and/or shut down for longer periods of non-use.

Why does my Mac mini reboot almost every night?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.