You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I see words moving on my MAC computer?

When viewing my emails - my name and some other word groups in email address randomly quickly vibrated slightly on my screen when I clicked on the mail icon in my taskbar to view it.

Another question: How do I figure out if I have a "virus" - other than the obvious signs?

(I'm not that knowledgeable in computer technology.)

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 17, 2024 12:15 PM

2 replies

Aug 17, 2024 2:47 PM in response to justjammy

I don't know what that might have been but it's not a virus. There are no viruses that affect macOS so just forget that idea.

If the misbehavior persists or is repeatable, please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Apple calls the row of icons at the edge of a Mac's screen the Dock: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support. For more Mac terminology, read What’s it called on my Mac? - Apple Support.

But viruses are a holdover from Windows, and they have no obvious signs. If you go in search of a cure for a macOS "virus" you will quickly find yourself lost in a sea of advertisements for garbage products and scams that should never be installed on a Mac. That's the real threat.

Why do I see words moving on my MAC computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.