You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse 2 Stutters on iPad when using Mac and iPad Linked Mouse and Keyboard

I am using a Mac Mini M2 and iPad iPad Pro M4. I can set up Link Keyboard and Mouse to the iPad without issues. But when I slide the mouse over to the iPad it begins to stutter and act jerky across the screen. It happens constantly. I have tried rebooting both, turning both off and letting the stay off for up to 5 minutes. But the problem persists. I have cleaned the mouse's optical sensor and used a different Apple Magic Mouse as well. Movement on the Mac is smooth and works as anticipated. It's the iPad that has the issue.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Aug 19, 2024 3:13 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2024 3:47 PM in response to alexanderfromholland

I have never actually had a great experience with using the Apple Magic Mouse on iPad. It just never seems to work that well. It also seems like you have already performed most of the troubleshooting steps.

Maybe just wait for a software update for the iPad, or If you’re on the iPad OS 18 Beta, leave feedback or reset the iPad back to a stable release.

Apple Magic Mouse 2 Stutters on iPad when using Mac and iPad Linked Mouse and Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.