You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steam keeps crashing on M1 Max Studio - code 6

Steam and Civ VI keeps crashing, with name space signal code 6 trap 6.

I have updated the Studio to the latest version, and tried to uninstall CIV VI completely, reinstall, clear cache, make sure privacy and security settings have been set to allow CIV VI to run. I have tried to decrease graphic resolution and a long list of other stuff I can't even remember any more...

I have litterally read more than 25 different posts around this subject and tried all suggested solutions, and none of them working.

Some times it can be stable for like 30 min and sometimes for only a couple of minutes.

I have been working with Windows for more than 30 years, and they usually pretty quick to fix issues. This issue have existed for more than 1 year to what I can read !!!

Apple if you want Windows users to change to Mac you need to speed up resolving issues. Luckily I still have Windows computers in my office.

Not giving up on Mac yet, but if I keep seeing stupid non stable errors like this, Studio Mac will get a new home in the trash can, next to the MacBook Air M3.

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 19, 2024 7:27 PM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2024 8:46 PM in response to KnudsenMac

KnudsenMac wrote:

Apple if you want Windows users to change to Mac you need to speed up resolving issues. Luckily I still have Windows computers in my office.

This is a user-to-user forum. You are not speaking to Apple here. Furthermore, neither piece of software that you mention (Steam, Civilization VI) is an Apple product. If those pieces of software are crashing, you should contact their vendors, and ask them to provide a fix.

Steam keeps crashing on M1 Max Studio - code 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.