You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stange Behaviour w ethernet and some browsers

So my ethernet connection appears to be dropping intermittintly but only in my main login, if I go to a guest account I appear to have no issues. oddly as well when using brave browser some days it works fine and others it will load for example outlook but no other webpages. I then revert to safari which seems to be working fine but the net connection in my main login has intermittent issues. I have moved to wifi but this also seems problematic on the main account login.

Some days there are no issues whatsoever

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated

Mac Studio, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 22, 2024 1:08 AM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2024 6:34 AM in response to chivers12

By far the easiest way to cause poor performance, instability, overheating and crashing is to install ANY third-party speeder-uppers, Cleaners, Optimizers, or Virus scanners, Bit Torrent, or a VPN that you installed yourself. They are relentless in scanning your files, non-stop, looking for virus-like patterns in Everything, or looking for files that have changed. When completed, they do it all again.

¿are you running anything like that?

Stange Behaviour w ethernet and some browsers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.