You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

how to clear cache in Safari 2024

how to clear cache in safari. it is august 2024

iMac 21.5″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 22, 2024 7:09 AM

4 replies

Aug 22, 2024 8:28 AM in response to Artistanne-

Safari->Settings->Advanced->check "Show features for web developers”. A “Develop” menu item should show up in the top Safari menu bar. Click on that Develop menu and select Empty Caches. A shortcut of option-command-E will also work. Unless you are a developer and know what you are doing I would recommend you not play around with other options. That could result in messing up your Safari browser.

Oct 14, 2024 2:38 AM in response to sidste

Sadly, this didn't work. When I went to the develop tab and clicked on empty cache, it wasn't grayed out but still did nothing when I clicked on it. When I took the long way through Safari settings, clicking on privacy to manage website data, that, too, did nothing. Nothing is grayed out and I am able to click on items, but nothing is being removed. Please advise.

how to clear cache in Safari 2024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.