You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set on/off times for Mini M2 computer

Hello,

I have tried unsuccessfully to program my Mini M2 to turn on at 7 am and turn off at 11 pm daily.

I have cut & pasted the Terminal commands from Apple. No go. Then I have typed them in carefully manually. No go. I have then erased those commands and started over. Now. whenever I try to erase te old unsuccessful commands, and put the new ones in, I get this Terminal response:

~ % sudo pmset repeat cancel

Password: xxxx

pmset: Error 0xe00002bc cancelling repeating events

I have a call into Apple Help, but missed their earlier call-back.

Is there any way to wipe all this old Terminal programming out and have a clean slate?

Thanks,

William in Australia

Mac mini, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 22, 2024 10:29 PM

8 replies

Aug 22, 2024 10:49 PM in response to BillyiPad2021

BillyiPad2021 Said:

"Cannot set on/off times for Mini M2 computer: Hello, I have tried unsuccessfully to program my Mini M2 to turn on at 7 am and turn off at 11 pm daily. I have cut & pasted the Terminal commands from Apple. No go. Then I have typed them in carefully manually. No go. I have then erased those commands and started over. Now. whenever I try to erase te old unsuccessful commands, and put the new ones in, I get this Terminal response:[...]"

-------

Nothing was installed. All that would have been made is a change to your system. But, there was an error in doing so.

Aug 22, 2024 11:20 PM in response to BillyiPad2021

BillyiPad2021 Said:

"Thank you for the clarification."

--------

You are welcome.

Q1. "Does this mean that the earlier attempts at installing the on/off commands were not accepted?"

A1. "Yes. They were not accepted."

Q2. "If so, I should add that an Apple Helppeson with screen sharing watched me try to install the commands afresh, which they agreed I did perfectly, and the same error message was received"

A2. It reads: "pmset: Error 0xe00002bc cancelling repeating events". So, it never went through. Seems it was troubleshot, but was unsuccessful.

Aug 23, 2024 12:47 AM in response to BillyiPad2021

Thank you for the suggestion. I turn the Mini on every morning and shut it down every night manually. The Mini never turns on by itself at 7 am or at any other time. I did not command the Terminal to start up at 7 am daily recently. This was a command I put in months ago and the machine never did so. Yesterday I had Apple Help screen-sharing with me for about 90 minutes, and I commanded it to start at 7 am and turn off at 11 pm, and just got error messages. The lady from Apple Help said that I had entered all the commands correctly. She escalated the problem but I missed the phone call today to speak to someone as a follow-up. I then tried Apple Communities instead. All I can do now is wait until 7 am tomorrow to see if the Mini somehow surprises me and turns itself on, but I am 99.99% sure it shall not do so. If it does not I will place another call to Apple Help and hope to get someone back on the case who has a better technical grounding.

I just wish that Apple had not removed for some inexplicable reason the simple and fool-proof scheduling option that was in previous O/S inside the Power Saving area, where you could enter the start-up and shut-down times and choose which days you wanted it to happen, bingo.

Thanks again

Willliam

Cannot set on/off times for Mini M2 computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.