You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit taking a long time to respond to commands for smart bulbs

Another thread similar to this didn't get replies so I'm hoping this will start a conversation.

I have Meross bulbs and for the most part, they've been working fine. But once in a while they would stop responding to commands, but after an OS update it would start working fine again. This time though, they havne't been working properly for over a week. I just got around to updating the OS, but they're taking a really long time to either turn off, or turn on.

Here's what's happening now, I tap "Off" for a light on my Homekit app, it hangs on "Updating", then the button changes to "Off". The light remains off for several seconds and then finally it turns off. It happens in reverse as well.

A couple of times I bit the bullet and reset all my lights which takes a couple of hours (I have porch lights which require going up and down a ladder). I really don't want to have to do this again.

Anyone else?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 23, 2024 7:38 AM

There are no replies.

Homekit taking a long time to respond to commands for smart bulbs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.