You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Boom Radio wont play on HomePod

I’m based in UK. I’ve always been able to play Boom Radio by saying ‘Siri, ask Apple Music to play Boom Radio.’ Last week it started responding: ‘I couldn’t find Boom Radio in your Apple Music library.’

What has Apple changed? I’ve tried all sorts of verbal combinations such as dropping the ‘Ask Apple Music’ part and ‘Play the radio station Boom Radio’, a convoluted phrase I’ve had to use on other radio stations. I’m on the point of reverting to an Alexa speaker because if I can’t play my favourite radio station the speaker is worthless.

I’ve also turned the Siri search off and on in the Boom app settings.

Posted on Aug 26, 2024 1:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2024 12:58 PM

Boom radio has been removed from Apple Music which is why Siri can't connect to it. Boom light is still there so no idea why boom radio has gone. I use the boom radio app and airlink it to my home hub. Long winded way but it works.

2 replies

Boom Radio wont play on HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.