You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot pair Matter accessories to Apple Home

I have tried everything I can think of get my new Matter accessories added to my Apple Home. I have an Apple TV 4k 2nd Gen (A2169) which is my "connected" hub. This device says it is a Thread Border Router, but I cannot get it to pair with my new Eve Engery Outlets. I have tried everything that I can find on the internet and nothing is working.

I have created a new home. I have a created a new 2.4GHz only wifi. I tried hooking up the Apple TV via ethernet. I've reset all my devices multiple times. I reset Network settings on my iPhone and I still cannot pair these devices. I have reached out to both Apple and Eve support and neither one of them has suggested anything else. I don't have any VPNs installed on my iPhone and Private Relay is turned off.

The only error message I get is this one. "Unable to Add Accessory. Pairing with Accessory Failed".

I have reset the outlets many times and I just keep getting the same message. I am completely out of ideas. I am hoping someone here has run into this issue and knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Aug 27, 2024 10:01 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2024 4:40 AM in response to imacmanG5

Hi there, I have not experienced this type of issue and admittedly new to this Home app. I'm very verse in Control4 and understand the logic behind scenes etc. HOWEVER, the reason I'm replying to this is because I was having issues adding devices and scenes. I reached out to support and they couldn't find a resolution. In my case, I have 4 AppleTV boxes. What I didn't know was you can only have 1 of the boxes as the HomeKit hub. I had all 4 listed as hubs. Once I removed the other 3, everything started working. I could then add devices and scenes and rooms, etc. You probably know this but I thought I would post this in the event you did what I did. Good luck.

Aug 28, 2024 4:23 PM in response to Mango-fall

Hi Mango-fall, Yes I had 2 Apple TVs setup. When I created a new home, I only put in 1 Apple TV into it. But I still cannot get my devices to pair. I have a Meross plug as well that was setup in my old home. When I deleted the old home, now I cannot get that device to work in the Home app. It's beyond frustrating that so people show off their smart homes, but trying to set one up isn't turning out so well for me.

Cannot pair Matter accessories to Apple Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.