You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looking for pen tablet recommendations

Hey, everyone, I'm looking for a recommendation.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a drawing tablset, that I can also use as a mouse, for my M1 Mac Mini. I've tried two so far, a Huion Inspiroy 2S (small) and a WACOM Intuos Art Small CTH-490 Pen and Touch. They both seem to be suffering from the same symptoms: hypersensitivity. No matter how I configure the driver software as I move the pen/mouse pointer across the screen, it randomly behaves as if I ah holding or tapping the left mouse button. Its crazy! I had to return both of them, but I really miss having a drawing tablet to use while working.

Not looking for something with a screen, though.

So, anyone got any recommendations? Any Mac artists or photo editors out there that are having a good experience with an Apple Silicon machine and a drawing tablet?

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 28, 2024 1:53 PM

3 replies

Sep 8, 2024 8:34 AM in response to Chaz1138

Use an Apple mouse or trackpad if you want controllable inputs to the operating system and applications. Use a graphics tablet pen for those applications designed to accept it. One tool for all needs is wishful thinking and there have been years of posts in the communities where this caused issues with some applications not designed for the input device. Caveat Emptor.

Sep 8, 2024 9:33 AM in response to VikingOSX

My issue has nothing to do with any specific application as the two drawing tablets I mentioned won't even work properly with current MacOS, even with their most current drivers. And, no, it isn't wishful thinking. I had a Wacom BamBoo Pen and Touch that served me perfectly for many years with every program without the need for a second input device. If Wacom would support that drawing tablet for modern OSes, I wouldn't bother looking for a new one. Sadly, that is exactly why they won't support it.

Looking for pen tablet recommendations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.