You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typing jumps around document in ipad pro magic keyboard. How to fix?

When typing on iPads, especially now using iPad Pro M4 Magic Keyboard, the typed letters show up several lines above or below where my cursor was. This is a terrible waste of my valuable time.

Some of the hundreds similarly afflicted online, say that the solution might be to turn off the Magic Keyboard’s trackpad when using a mouse. But, despite Apple’s instructions on how to adjust the trackpad, there appears to be no way to disable the Magic Keyboard’s trackpad.

This problem renders my iPad useless to me. And Apple apparently hasn’t bothered to fix it or to explain a solution.

I ask, 1. How to fix this? or 2. What non-Apple third party devices can I use instead of my iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard, to be able to type normally?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Aug 30, 2024 1:58 PM

There are no replies.

Typing jumps around document in ipad pro magic keyboard. How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.