You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get immediate alerts from Home app on iOS 17

I have cameras configured in the Home app and the Home app provides notifications when the cameras detect people or animals. The activity notifications are set for Time is "Any" and People is "Off". So I should receive notifications any time of day whether anyone is home or everyone is away. And I do receive notifications of detected activity. But I don't receive those notifications until I open my phone.

Home requests permission to allow notifications and I have opted for Immediate Delivery and under "Always Deliver Immediately" I have enabled both Critical Alerts and Time Sensitive Notifications. I have allowed Sounds and Badges I have even enabled "Announce Notifications" for "Time Sensitive Notifications". My Lock Screen Appearance is configured for "Always" Show Previews.

So why does my phone alert me the instant I open my phone up but doesn't alert me the instant of the detected activity? Despite being configured to allow critical and time sensitive alerts the Home app doesn't provide them until I've picked up my phone for some other reason.

Thanks for helping me figure this out because I cannot understand where else I might have to adjust settings!

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 31, 2024 4:48 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2024 2:07 PM in response to i.just.want.some.help

I just saw that this was posted to TV and Home so I tested to see how I could get this into a category where it might find the correct audience but it is not apparent how to get this question into an iPhone or iOS category and also tagged with the Home app.

Hmm... the notification settings for the Home app are also buried where I wasn't expecting to have to go to find them.

How to get immediate alerts from Home app on iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.