You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I delete "zlnskynot" file from my Mac mini?

I FOUND MY ANSWER & THIS CAN BE DELETED BUT IT SAYS I CAN'T DELETE IT. I have no idea how this got here but I am reading that it's malicious & I thought Apple had a way to protect you from this. I was able to stop notifications so that's good. But I still see this under my Notifications & I can't drag it to trash so how do you delete it and how do I know it's not on my 2024 Mac mini?? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 31, 2024 9:46 AM

10 replies

Aug 31, 2024 10:00 AM in response to Apple702806

It’s a notification. Probably a notification being used to send spam.

Notifications are harmless, but can be noisy.

Lots of websites offer to send those, some legitimate, and some just to send spam.

If the user accepts the notifications, they get added.

Not an indication of any problems or exploits, either.

Here is how to: Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community

If you don’t want any websites to even offer to send notifications, details on that setting are also in the link.

Sep 4, 2024 7:20 PM in response to Apple702806

Apple702806 wrote:

So clearing my history worked for a minute and now it's back! How do you get rid of this PERMANENTLY?? Thanks.

It’s a notification. Probably a notification being used to send spam.

Notifications are harmless, but can be noisy.

Lots of websites offer to send those, some legitimate, and some just to send spam.

If the user accepts the notifications, they get added.

Not an indication of any problems or exploits, either.

Here is how to: Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community

If you don’t want any websites to even offer to send notifications, details on that setting are also in the link.

Sep 5, 2024 10:01 AM in response to Apple702806

Apple702806 wrote:

Hi - & thank you for this. Yes, I did this now and I believe I was able to delete it. But I thought it worked last time and although it went away for a minute, it was back the next day. But your directions allowed me to do one extra step (deleting it). So I'm hopeful that this did the trick. I will check back again if it doesn't but right now it looks good. Thanks!

Might also want to de-select the “allow websites to ask permission to send notifications” checkbox, too.

Somewhere along the path, you were offered those notifications, and accepted that. That’s how we got here.

Clearing that checkbox prevents future offers.

There are pictures in the linked article: Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community

Sep 5, 2024 7:59 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi - & thank you for this. Yes, I did this now and I believe I was able to delete it. But I thought it worked last time and although it went away for a minute, it was back the next day. But your directions allowed me to do one extra step (deleting it). So I'm hopeful that this did the trick. I will check back again if it doesn't but right now it looks good. Thanks!

Aug 31, 2024 10:06 AM in response to lavone243

lavone243 wrote:

Please help me delete Mac account on my iPhone Generation 2 and upgrade it to Generation 3

You’ll need the Apple ID and password associated with Activation Lock to prepare an iPhone for use, or for sale.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, so it is intentionally difficult to bypass. We can’t help, and absent convincing proof of ownership Apple won’t.

If a seller has provided you with a device locked to an Apple ID, contact the seller and request they perform the above-lined procedure, or refund your purchase.

If the seller has disappeared and you have an iPhone locked to an Apple ID not yours, you got scammed. Recycle it. The iPhone will never be useful without the Apple ID holding the Activation Lock lock, or without evidence of ownership sufficient to convince Apple to release the lock such as the original purchase receipt from Apple or an authorized reseller.

As indicated in another reply of mine in this thread, there is no means to upgrade iPhone hardware short of replacement.

How can I delete "zlnskynot" file from my Mac mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.