You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On Android, starting car and playing song turns on repeat in shuffle

There are so many questions here about why shuffle repeats songs so frequently, that are then answered by helpful "experts" who mansplain us how to use the app.

Well, here's what's really going on. We're not doing anything wrong. We're not missing a button or switch. It's a bug.

If I'm in my car and I select a playlist, then shuffle it, I've noticed that I'll hear a few songs frequently, as if I have selected a playlist with only a dozen or so songs in it, when I have actually selected one that has several hundred.

I finally figured out why it is happening. Now, I think it's probably up to Apple to fix it.

Here's a photo of the playlist when I turn off the car and then Music quits playing:

Notice that the Repeat button is turned off.

However, when I restart the car and Music starts autoplaying, it also (without me touching it), activates the "Repeat" button, as shown below:

So, there you go. It's not a user error. And there's an example of it happening.

Now tell us how to stop that. Or fix it, if it's a bug.

Posted on Aug 31, 2024 5:16 PM

There are no replies.

On Android, starting car and playing song turns on repeat in shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.