You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring music files from ipod Classis gen 5 to PC

I have a large number of old music stored on my equally old ipod. Much of the music came from old records and from CD's (all legally mine ). I am trying to consolidate the collection but when T transfer the files to my PC something happens that I don't understand and can't fix.

In laymans words: The ipod connects to my PC via a 30 pin plug into the device and a standard USB into the PC and is recognised.

When I look for the files in the ipod they have been located in a file called "ipod control".

In ipod control is a file called "music".

In music there are 100 folders sequenced F00 to F49 then ._F00 to ._F49. I can't find any app which will open this second group however --

The Folders in the first group of 50 can be opened typically with a file name eg APDR.mp3, ATQE.mp3 etc each of those files can be shown in "view content" as having the artist and track details and can be played.

The problem is that the files containing the tracks on the albums are scattered through the 100 folders so in the human world are unsortable! The details shown in "view content" are not sortable fields and the individual tracks are scattered through the 100 Folders .

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 1, 2024 7:32 AM

There are no replies.

transferring music files from ipod Classis gen 5 to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.