You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Stuck on set up. icloud terms and conditions have changed.

I have a late 2014 mac mini and have kept it at the last BigSur os and been having trouble with software I recently purchased fettin error messages and quitting, even though it should be compatible as I checked before I bought it. I've been in contact with the company and nothing has worked. The last thing they suggested was updating so Mojave was already downloaded I just never installed. Last night I installed it and when it was finished I had to go through the set up process, I put in my apple ID password and then it took me to an apple ID security or something like that, I couldn't take screen shots so I do t remember exactly what it said. I put in my password again and I get a red message saying icloud terms and conditions have change. I can't do anything else, I can't hit back and there's no skip. I tried restarting and there's no way to restart. I googled how to do it from the keyboard and that didn't work. I looked up if anyone else had the problem at start up and there were no answers on ghe threads I saw, people that answered thought they were talking about signing into icloud. I just wound up shutting it down with the power button. I haven't started it up again because I was so frustrated.

So, I can't even login to my Mac because it won't let me past that ID security that says icloud terms and conditions have changed. Does anyone know what I can do about it?

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 2:20 PM

7 replies

Sep 9, 2024 11:42 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes. When I booted it up tonight it went to the normal login screen and when I put in my password it signed me in just with the warning that it was shutdown with the power button because of a problem.

Thank you for the responses.

I still got a message after I logged in that there's a issue with icloud because a problem with my email. But at least I have access to my computer again.

Sep 9, 2024 9:09 AM in response to BDAqua

I just tried to see if I could edit my post, apparently theres no way to. I updated to Monterey, not the older Mojave. I don't know why I had that on my mind.

I'll try to skip when I get the time. Like I said there was not skip option and the back option was grayed out. I think I remember seeing a skip before I got to that point but I think it was for two factor authentication which I did try to skip because there was no email option and I dont get very good cell service so the codes don't always come through. However it didn't work and I was forced to put set it up.

Stuck on set up. icloud terms and conditions have changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.