You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My mac mini m2 keeps restardting because of a problem.

it happens daily, i think it is when I leeave it enough time for the samsung screen to sleep. i use a flashdrive for time machine and have an external docking station handling minor tasks, basically just the mouse and keyboard. When asking customer support i was adviced to reinstall os, and did, but it did not help. service said it is fine. i though mac was supposed to be smooth...

Mac mini, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 11, 2024 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2024 10:29 AM

The latest macOS versions are having various issues with automatic computer sleep mode.

Some systems crash and force a restart, others freeze up and are unresponsive.

As a test:

Turn on "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" in the Energy Settings and only allow the display to turn off.

Leave the Mac ON during the day and only allow the display to turn OFF after 10 or 15 minutes.

Then shut down for longer periods of non-use like overnight and when away, if desired.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2024 10:29 AM in response to mondrul

The latest macOS versions are having various issues with automatic computer sleep mode.

Some systems crash and force a restart, others freeze up and are unresponsive.

As a test:

Turn on "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" in the Energy Settings and only allow the display to turn off.

Leave the Mac ON during the day and only allow the display to turn OFF after 10 or 15 minutes.

Then shut down for longer periods of non-use like overnight and when away, if desired.

My mac mini m2 keeps restardting because of a problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.