You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

unable to use my tv for screen mirroring

I am not able to connect to my TV for screen mirroring purpose even if I am connected in on the same wifi in both TV and my mac

my TV has air play and I saw the device name in may for sure

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 4:45 AM

4 replies

Sep 12, 2024 4:56 AM in response to jay_n711

Please specify your TV brand and model number.

AirPlay would be available on compatible TVs, with this function implemented from the factory. Additionally, Apple AirPlay settings on the TV would have an On-Off switch and other settings options.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple Support

List of AirPlay-enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

For Wi-Fi, verify that both devices use the same SSID network name. For routers that generate multiple SSIDs, devices on one network segment may not be able to communicate with devices on a differently named network segment. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Sep 12, 2024 10:10 AM in response to jay_n711

A numerical HomeKit code is listed beside the QR code. That should be an alternative method to add accessories to HomeKit, without scanning. But that doesn’t solve the Catch 22 of doing without an iPhone (or iPad, or iPod touch).

Home app for iPhone and iPad - App Store preview - Apple

Add a smart home accessory to the Home app on mobile - Apple Support

Add Home accessories on Mac is currently not supported - Apple Support

↳ The Home app on Mac doesn’t have all of the same functionality as its mobile counterpart.

unable to use my tv for screen mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.