You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Messages- copy entire conversation to desktop computer

Hello. Re: using Messages on iPhone 14, IOS 16.6.1

How does one copy an entire conversation to a desktop computer easily without selectring each and every message and uploading to a desktop? I see that an entire conversation may be deleted so why can't an entire conversation be copied by the "Select All" command or exported to an RTF or PDF on a computer? Note: I do have access to my phone Messages on my desktop computer.

I tried to reseach this but only found third-party options.

Mac Studio, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 6:29 AM

3 replies

Sep 14, 2024 6:38 AM in response to BDAqua

I get my iPhone Messages on my desktop Mac Studio- it's not allowing me to drag highlight multiple messages. I can select each message and copy and paste it into Text Edit, which is ridiculously time-consuming. Curiously, only certain message recipients appear on the desktop messages-?

Note: You can play around in Text Edit by > Format> Make Plain Text> and/or Make Rich Text and Wrap to Window- which makes a page layout. I use "Make Plain Text" to convert and clear web-formatted text.

Messages- copy entire conversation to desktop computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.